So while I was in Italy I got a cook book! <3 And I love it! I recently made these Mushroom Tartlets and they were seriously nommy! Nom ^.^ lol So I tweaked the recipe a bit and this is what I got :DThis was actually a really simple recipe, easy to make and very good!
Takes 30 Minutes-Serves 6
- 375g pack of all-butter puff pastry (found in the frozen section)
- flour for dusting
- 2 oz of butter
- 10 oz of mixed mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1 oz of fresh parmesan
- handful of basil leaves, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- Garlic salt/powder of granulated
1. Roll out the pastry on a floured surface and cut out four circles about 15cm wide. Take the dough scraps, roll out again and make 2 more circles. The dough should be thin.
2. Heat oven to 350. Heat large frying pan until hot and add 1 oz of the butter and fry the mushrooms until there is not liquid left in the pan. Then add the remaining 1 oz of butter and cook the mushrooms till they start to get a nice caramelized color. Season the mushrooms with salt and pepper. Take off the heat then mix the mushrooms with the parmesan, basil and garlic.
3. Score the edge of each tart, then spoon the mushroom mixture into the center of each circle. Brush the edges with the beaten egg (this gives the pastry its nice golden color!) Then sprinkle a touch of garlic salt on the edges. Bake the tarts for 20min until puffed up and golden. Put a bit of fresh parmesan on the top for presentation and enjoy! :)